Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Welcome, Welcome!

Written: March 2nd, 2012
Posted: March 2nd, 2012
Currently Listening To: All Time Low Guts; All Time Low The Beach; All Time LowPoppin’ (Champagne); All Time LowStay Awake


Hello. I see you’ve found my little blog, and I’d like to be the first to warmly say, “Welcome, welcome, welcome!” Thank you for joining me.
(Gosh, I feel like the witch from Hansel and Gretel after that. New approach…)

Hey there! Thanks for coming and reading my blog! I really appreciate it!
(No… it feels too preppy… and has too many exclamation points. Trying again…)

Hi. You’re reading my blog, which kind of blows my mind on a million different levels. And poke around, if you wish, even though there’s really not much to poke at. But yes – thank you for reading this. It’s actually really awesome that you are.
(… Meh. That’s sadly the best I can come up with. But I am thankful you’re here and haven’t left yet. Though I can’t guarantee you will be by the end.)

So, as the little column thing on the side that gives you the “About Me” of the blogger whose blog you’re viewing says… I’m May. Okay, well, honestly that’s my internet name because my parents don’t like me giving out my real name. And yes – I do get my parent’s permission for everything. And I’m talking about calling up my mom at work and asking her if I can buy food because I forgot my lunch. (Even though I’ve recently been smart about that and now must have at least four granola bars at a time in my backpack.)
So, a little about me that will find its way into the “About Me” section once I figure out how to actually work it (and everything else on this site):

I’m a female sixteen-year-old high school student in Canada. Also, as I’m sure you can tell by the “currently listening to” line – I like All Time Low. I like brackets and bolding and underlining and italicizing (but there probably won’t be any of that in this post because I have no idea how to work it yet. Just wait for the next post, though). I’m generally very organized, and I usually have to have a list of what I’m going to say, otherwise I forget something and become sad. In fact, I had such a cool idea planned out for this entire thing and now I’m totally blanking out on it and it’s kind of driving me crazy.
What was it? The world may never know.

I’m also far more sarcastic and witty on the internet. Therefore, if you ever meet me in person, don’t be surprised by the fact that I may be quite socially awkward around you. Well, that or I’ll talk your ear off with random nonsense and you’ll probably avoid me forever afterwards.
I’m also a very symbolic person. I guess that’s important because today is symbolic to me.

(No, it’s not my birthday. I’m disappointed as well.)
I’ve officially wanted to be a writer for six years today.

That, dear people who are following my blog (who are probably only going to be my friends, I swear. Though, if you’re not, it’s very nice to meet you! Or… well, the internet “you-actually-read-my-blog” equivalent of meeting, that is) – that is the most important because this is the blog of an aspiring author.
Wow… Typing that felt kind of weird, actually. Not because it’s not true, but because I’ve never actually called myself “aspiring.” I’ve always just said, “I want to be a writer.” Aspiring sounds so official.

Um… so, really the point of me starting this blog was kind of to just have a release where I can talk about my writing and what I want to write without forcing it on people.
(Cough cough Mom/Dad/Other family/Friends/Random teacher who taught me a couple of years ago and doesn’t even remember my name cough cough.)

(No, seriously, that last one actually happened… just today, in fact. My grade nine French teacher was covering a class so I talked to her about all the stuff I’m about to mention. I could tell the entire conversation she was just thinking, “What is this girl’s name?”)
But yeah – I’ve wanted to be an author for six years now, and writing’s just always been this thing I liked to do, but I never would’ve wanted to do it if it weren’t for my grade five teacher making me realize, “Wow. I’m kind of good at this and I actually like doing it.”

I don’t think my grade five teacher intended to get me borderline-obsessed with it. Oh well.
Also, I use borderline because it’s be scientifically proven that I’m not obsessed, I’m merely borderline-obsessed. (And by scientifically proven, I mean my friends did a project on passions and obsessions for their Anthropology/Psychology/Sociology course and I was determined borderline-obsessed. I even beat out one of my friend’s YouTube addiction – err, passion. I must say – I felt as though that was an impressive feat.)

So – I know this should be shorter for a little intro, but I do talk a lot, so bear with me here because I have a little bit more to talk about. Thanks and congratulations on getting this far, by the way!
Anyways, I am currently looking to get published, but I don’t have anything finished or iron clad done or anything yet, so I guess you’ll all read a little bit about that along the way. My goal is to get published by the end of high school. Or at least have a book deal… or an agent. Yeah, the main goal is to get an agent within the next sixteen months. I’m currently doing a lot of research on the publishing industry as well, because I’m kind of a newbie at… everything. So I’m trying to get a feel of how everything works.

Wow. This is so much longer than I intended it to be. I was hoping it’d be like… half a page. I guess not, since it’s two full pages. So, the last thing I wanted to say:
Welcome to my blog.

-          May :)

7 comments:

  1. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! :D <333

    You've joined me at last. I knew I could bring you over to the dark, totally time-consuming side. Muahaha.

    And LOL, I'm trying to remember who your grade 9 French teacher was... Mme Arapi?

    Hehe, it was nice to be mentioned (indirectly) here. To be fair, N admits to having blatantly lied on her YouTube survey questions because she didn't want to seem so obsessed :P

    HA. Everyone should get used to long posts if they're planning to stick around ;) You know I love you...

    Sonia
    Your 1st follower! Wooooo! <3

    (By the way, you know you just have to e-mail me if you have any questions, right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIAAAAA! :D (LLL)

      Yes, of course you would get to me. You always do. And no, it was actually Mme Simsilevich.

      Aren't you used to this by now? You've forgotten I mention you in everything. And I'd totally forgotten she did up until I read that. Oh well, I'll live in my own pretend world where she didn't say that and I can say that my love of writing trumps her love of YouTube.

      Yes, it's true. That's my new mission for this blog - see if I can post something that's less than half a page!

      And Y A Y ! :D I am overjoyed greatly by that fact, madame... Mlle?

      - May :)

      (Don't worry, I'm just kind of exploring but I definitely will ask if I need to. I've already learned how to follow and unfollow myself!)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging, May. I was happy to read Sonia's post and find out about your blog. I'm looking forward to reading more from your blog.

    Your 2nd follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! When Sonia told me that she was going to mention me in her post, I had a series of mini heart-attacks. Sonia *is* very awesome, no? I'm really looking forward to the whole blogging experience. And once again, thank you; I hope I don't disappoint!

      - May :)

      Delete
  3. And you have another follower!!!! :D
    Let me start off by saying...
    Congratulations on the 6th Anniversary of realizing you dream. Knowing you for over 4 years now, I can definitely say it isn't long before I get to see your name on the cover of a New York Times Bestseller.
    You are an amazing writer and that definitely reflects in your blog.
    Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best!!!

    Your well wisher :)
    (Guess Who?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me give you a hint...
      I definitely Havn't Had Enough of your writing and Cross My Heart I will follow you forever. I was feeling All Time Low before I read your blog and now I want you All To Myself. This is my Simple Plan, and I hope You know me By Now. :) <3

      Delete
    2. I was actually going insane trying to figure out who this was because you really gave NO hint at all at first. Then I read the actual hint and I was like, "OOOOOOOOHHHHH." (I knew it from "I definitely Haven't Had Enough.") But awww! Thanks, girly! :) I can't believe you made a blog! I'm going to be doing a ton of blog-stalking, so be prepared ;)

      - May :)

      Delete