Pages

Friday 11 May 2012

I Was Sort Of Productive? (Not Really)

Date Written: May 11th, 2012
Date Posted: May 11th, 2012
Currently Listening To: Ellie GouldingLights, Ellie GouldingStarry Eyed, You Me At SixStarry Eyed (Ellie Goulding cover)


I’d been meaning to post earlier in the day, except I had a PD day today. My reasoning was that I would get something done, then blog about it and look accomplished.
Aaaaaaaaaaand… nothing.

(Unless you count finishing chapter six of Peter and Wendy… which, by the way, has one of the best death scenes EVER. In chapter five, I think it was.)
(Also, I kept forgetting it was Friday.)

Anyway, I had a new story idea that I want to test out a bit before I totally toss it on the back-back-burner. Where, you know, it totally is going to be in like, a week.
I like this new one though. The concept isn’t exactly original, but I haven’t heard of anyone trying it out the way I’m doing it… which is why I won’t say what it is. Just know that it has to do with Peter Pan (which is why reading Peter and Wendy can be classified as being productive).

And in response to what I wrote in my post from Tuesday – okay, I was kind of curled up in a fetal position on my bed on Wednesday, so I think I’ll let that one slide. And I wrote something yesterday (1,165 words!) but it wasn’t a story – it was me venting about something in story format.
And be excited for next week. It is ninety-five-percent positive you’ll finally be getting a writing excerpt. I finally found one I like enough to post (and doesn’t really give away too much – or any, in this case – plot of the book), but it’s full of fragmented sentences. So I’m going to clean that up a bit and post it next Friday.

That’s all (that’s somewhat relevant) for this week. See you next Friday!

-          May :)

No comments:

Post a Comment