Pages

Friday 29 June 2012

And They Say She's In The Class A Team

Date Written: June 29th, 2012
Date Posted: June 29th, 2012
Currently Listening To: Ed SheeranThe A Team


Today was my official last day of school, because I picked up my report card. I did pretty well (except English, ironically. Well, I did alright, just not as well as I wanted), I saw most of my teachers, and my Law teacher and I had a long chat about writing.
Then my aunt picked me up, picked up my cousins, and we went for a movie and then for lunch. I really enjoyed the day.

Also, I should probably say something about my deadline that I didn’t accomplish.
I’m not all that upset.

I know that’s weird, because I feel like I should be upset. But the only reason I really wanted to finish by this time is so I could spend my summer editing and querying. (Though, that was before I found out just how busy my summer was going to be.) However, if there’s anything I’ve learnt from the last couple of months, it’s this;
Writing a book is not an assignment. It’s not like a semester-long project you can write the night before. It’s something that can take way longer, and from what I understand, that’s completely normal. So, as long as I finish my novel by the end of high school (and land an agent too, hopefully!), then I’ll be happy with myself. And really, that’s what’s important.

Anyways, happy summer everyone!

-          May :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so true! I seriously hate when I get pissed with myself over not meeting a deadline. I mean, when you get published you have to meet deadlines all the time, but not now. Now is the time to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete